J IRAC is abbreviated name for Japan Insecticide Resistance Action Committee, and the Japanese translation is “殺虫剤抵抗性対策委員会 日本支部”.
The Japan IRAC Group evolved from the local Diamide/Lepidoptera Working Group but has now formed a full IRAC Country Group by broadening their remit to include other pest species and chemistries as well as inviting membership from other companies. Currently there are 8 member companies of the new IRAC Japan and other national and local authorities, researchers and advisors may participate as observers in meetings held by the Committee with the approval of the Group members.
The members of the Committee are as follows (as of December 1, 2018):
- Nihon Nohyaku Co., Ltd.
- FMC Chemicals K.K.
- Syngenta Japan K.K.
- Bayer CropScience K.K.
- Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd.
- ISK Biosciences K.K.
- Nippon Soda Co., Ltd.
- Agro-Kanesh0 Co., Ltd.
The activities of IRAC Japan will include :
- Exchange of information between manufacture, public research institute, national and local authority and IRAC International on the management and counter-measures for insecticide resistance.
- Organising and participating in meetings, symposiums, lectures and seminars
- Distribution of documents (printed and electronic materials etc.) prepared by the Committee to relevant organizations and parties to disseminate and promote Insecticide Resistance Management (IRM). Documents will also be made available on the IRAC website.
- Promotion of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and Integrated Crop Management (ICM) incorporating IRM through the use of crop protection technologies such as physical and biological control) as well as chemical control.