With the continued global spread of transgenic crops expressing insect-control traits, IRAC has a major role to provide education on IRM in this area and to promote the implementation of effective IRM strategies. In particular, in those countries where no collaborative organisation currently existed, it was agreed that IRAC could play an especially useful role in helping to ensure that good IRM practices are understood and followed. The team has an on-going activity to identify and work with appropriate bodies in key countries, and to develop educational and influencing material that can be used to promote its work.
- Successfully launch CropLife International Integrated Biotech IRM Strategy
- Enhance/build IRM infrastructure in key tropical environments (Brazil & Argentina)
- Support adoption of IRM program by tech providers and regulators in Vietnam and Indonesia
- Support Global IRM Workshops
- Work collaboratively with IRAC Crop Protection teams to integrate IRM for traits & chemistry
External Links to References:
Practical Approaches to Insect Resistance Management for Biotech Crops (2012)