Mode of Action Team
The MoA Team, which is largely composed of technical experts, is charged with maintaining the scheme and its status, carrying out updates as required as well as developing educational resources such as posters to promote the correct use of the scheme. The team considers data to support new submissions for entries to the scheme and acts as an arbiter on questions of MOA.
- Continue to review and update the MOA scheme as required.
- Develop new versions of the MOA Structure Poster as needed
- Target site mutation table
- Develop new MoA posters and update existing posters as required
- Develop MoA training slides
- MoA page – IRAC Website
- Provide additional information on topics important to MoA and IRM
- Update of MoA Charter
- Address issue of DIY classification
- Implement MoA Classification update notification list
Useful Mode of Action Links
- Procedure for classifying a new insecticide
- Online form for classifying a new insecticide
- MoA labeling guidelines
- Comprehensive list of established resistance-associated target site mutations
- Subscribe for MoA updates direct to you inbox
IRAC Video: Insecticide Mode of Action Explained
An animated and diagrammatic explanation that explains the importance of mode of action as the basis for effective and sustainable resistance management.
Search the MoA Classification onlineThe MoA Classification is available as an interactive searchable eTool allowing you to browse and filter chemical groups, classes and actives.
Download the MoA AppDownload the IRAC MoA application from the Apple iTunes or Google Play App Stores for quick access to reference information on the move.
Download the MoA Structures PosterThe MoA poster with the chemical structures is available for download from the website in various language options. Select the language required from the drop-down menu below.
Download the MoA Classification SchemeThe complete MoA Classification document is available to view or download. This 23-page document provides full details of the scheme with lots of notes and background information.
Latest Mode of Action Team News
A video from CropLife International and the Insecticide Resistance Action Committee (IRAC) that explains the importance of mode of action as the basis for effective and sustainable resistance management to preserve the utility and diversity of available insecticides and acaricides.